Thursday, May 17, 2012

Newbie Blogger Initiative: My Gratitude

In case you weren't already aware, this blog is a part of the Newbie Blogger Initiative.  I am a newbie blogger and thanks to NBI, I finally took the initiative to make something of a blog.  

Thus far, it has been a blast.  While I have always enjoyed sharing my thoughts on a variety of topics but especially MMOs with my friends, it feels nice to codify my perspective into a publicly-viewable, written form.  And, it has been a fun hobby to pass the time.  

I have no idea what I will do with it, but I am happy to develop writing and communicating skills no matter what.  You would think that after 4+ years of college, focusing on English and philosophy that I might no how to do both with ease, but everyday I am learning.  Writing for pubic consumption is a different beast.  I have to be shorter, more concise, while also still being engaging.  No one is paid to read and grade everything I write, so I have to attract people to it.

No matter where this goes, I want to thank the Newbie Blogger Initiative for spurring me on and helping me develop something that I have always wanted to do.  It is a real pleasure to have people like you on the internet.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the NBI, glad you're having fun so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! And thanks again for having this, it has been a really nice thing to see.

    Also, if you could, check out my most recent article. It is inspired partially by seeing your more recent Nostalgia Lane. I saw you mentioning Planescape on a MMO blog, and I put two and two together and just knew: yeah, I have to write that one.

    ReplyDelete